The BICtory is a pen mod created by UPSBv2 member mwahaha91 for the UPSB Official Pen Modification Battle #1. The mod is a popular choice among beginners due to availability of its materials and its simple construction. A BICtory with white caps and a black barrel was sometimes called a BICssa, BIC.Ssa, Bic-Ssa, and other similar spelling variations due to its resemblance to a standard Comssa, although this term has remained largely unused for a long time.
This is my new BICtory mod. It is made using 2 bic round stic pens. I came up with the idea of making this mod when my parents told me my mods were way too expensive. Bic round stics are VERY cheap and can be found virtually anywhere. So through hours and hours of hard work, I came up with the BICtory mod. I named it the BICtory mod because I felt victorious after the finishing product lol. Kinda cheesy, but I like it. Razz —mwahaha91
- 2x Bic Round Stic (2 nearly complete pens)
- 1x Signo Gel Grip (optional; 1 grip)
- Nail clippers or other cutting tool (optional)
- Skewer or other long thin stick (optional)
- Take the caps off both Round Stics. Snap the clips off of the caps by bending them outward quickly or cut them off with nail clippers or scissors. If desired, file the resulting edge.
- Remove the entire plastic tip portions (with the ink tube still attached) from both pen bodies, leaving just the barrel.
- Remove the back plug from one of the Round Stic barrels. This can be done simply by slightly biting the back plug area of the barrel until the back plug seal becomes loose enough to remove by hand. Alternatively, punching the back plug out from the inside with a skewer or chop stick can also be done to prevent any bite marks.
- Clip off 7 millimeters off of both ink tubes to allow them to fit alongside each other in one of the barrels.
- Insert an ink tube into each end of the barrel with the removed back plug.
- If slightly more weight is desired, cut the Signo Gel Grip grip in half and push the halves into the two caps.
- Slide a cap on each end of the mod. The BICtory is now complete.
- Decrease the barrel weight by cutting each ink tube approximately in half instead of only cutting off 7 millimeters or remove the ink tubes from the mod entirely.
- Place grips onto the caps. Common grips used include those of the Pilot G2 and Dong-A AnyBall.
- Add Uni-Ball Signo tips to the end of both the Round Stic caps. If grips have also been added then they may be able to hold the tips in place, but if not, then apply glue or wrap tape around the caps and tips to secure the attachment.
- Some metal tips can also be shoved inside the Round Stic caps rather than glued or taped onto the outside (use a screwdriver or a similar tool to push the tips all the way up). This retains the original BICtory length, while still keeping the weight of the pen similar to as if the tips were on the outside.
- Instead of metal tips, add some sticky tak, pencil erasers, or other small materials to the inside of the caps.