Clip removal is a basic modification designed to reduce excess material from the surface of the pen mod, resulting in an overall smoother tool that is easier to handle between the fingers.
- Fingers: using the fingers can remove most of the material for the majority of pen clips. No additional tools are needed at this point. There will usually be more left-over material, or "nub".
- Needle-nose plyers: the small tip and comfortable grip of plyers more easily allows the removal of more clip material, resulting in a smaller sized nub.
- Nail Clippers: after using your fingers to bend the clip as close to the Cap as possible you can use a Nail Clipper to cut the clip on the pen off and trim the clip to a desired length. this has proven helpful while cutting the clip off of an RSVP cap.
- Sanding/filing: the use of a metal file or sand paper can remove further material after using one's fingers or plyers. Spinners can choose to either sand down the entire nub or only remove any sharp edges by rounding off the nub.
- Melting: using a lighter, the left-over nub can be slightly melted then rounded off by rubbing the nub against a hard surface. For full nub removal, sanding or filing is recomended.
G2 clip band removal
- Pull off the clip so that there is a u-shaped hole at the top of the band.
- Pull the band off the barrel.