The Comssa is an simple pen mod and one of the earliest mods to be invented. Its name is combination of the words "computer" and "sign" which come from the two Computer Sign Pens used to make it, which are commonly referred to as Comssas, as well. Because of this, the mod is occasionally called the DC Comssa to differentiate it from the unmodified pen. "Comssa" is sometimes spelled as ComSsa, Com.Ssa, Com-ssa, and other similar variations. Spinners who prefer more momentum often make a Metallic Comssa.
- 2x Dong-A Computer Sign Pen (2 caps, 1 barrel)
- 2x grip (optional; usually 2 AnyBall grips or 2 Sailor Gel grips)
- Teflon tape (optional)
- Grip cutting blade (optional)
- If greater stability is desired, wrap Teflon tape around the back plug of the Computer Sign Pen.
- Put the second Computer Sign Pen cap on the backplug of the Dong-A Computer sign pen.
- If desired, put uncut or cut grips over the Computer Sign Pen caps.