The Comssa mod (also spelled ComSSa) is a simple pen mod that comes from the Korean pen spinning community: PenDolSa. With the wide-spread use of sign pens for taking standardized tests in Korean schools, it makes sense that a pen mod would be created from one of the often-used marker pens.
- 2 Dong-A Computer Sign Pens
- (Optional): Dong-A Anyball / Papermate Profile / Papermate Star Gels Max
- Take one sign pen and add another cap to the back, making it a double-capped sign pen.
- The Comssa mod is now spinnable
- (Optional) Cut the desired amount of sections of the Anyball/Profile/Star Gel Max grip and place the grips over the ends of the sign pen caps. The grips not only add some weight to the ends of the pen to help with rotational momentum, they also allow for easier performance of tricks where the end of the pen is used (Wiper, Inverse Sonic Clip).
This is a variation invented by Shimotakimas of UPSB. This variation involves screwing Hybrid Gel Grip tips onto the end of each Sign Pen cap. The added weight on the ends gives the pen greater momentum to allow for easier spinning.